Gallon Chicken Waterer with Legs
Requirements of an awesome winter chicken waterer:
- I need a waterer that can freeze at night and then defrost and work again the next dayThis Double-Tuf 1 Gallon Poultry Waterer is great for Rhode Island winters where it will freeze at night and then get above freezing the next day. Some waterers with floats for example will require you to “fix” it after it freezes before it will work again. This waterers has no small parts so nothing to break, get lost, or freeze.
- I need it to have legs so I don’t have to have bricks and pavers all over the place underneath themThis gallon chicken waterer is perfect for starting your small flock of chicks all the way up to full grown ladies. You can start with the removable legs detached and as the chicks get larger, add the legs to raise the waterer off the ground. Keeping the waterer off the ground helps prevent the birds from filling the waterer base with dirt and debris during their foraging and scratching.
- I need to be able to tell the water level without having to go in the pen.This waterer is molded from durable plastic for years of use and the translucent plastic body makes it quick and easy to see the water level.
You may say why don’t you use a heated water?
I don’t use heated waterers as I have a few issues with them. A big one being it releases humidity and creates condensation inside a coop. Condensation will then accumulate on a chickens legs for example and cause frost bite and possibly lost of limb or death. Also because of the previously mentioned features that I look for.
Summary of Awesomeness:
- 1 gallon Poultry Waterer with Legs
- Removable legs
- Made from durable plastic that can freeze and defrost with no issues
- Features a carrying handle
- Features a translucent plastic body that makes it quick and simple to check the water levels